Dunmac General Contractors Ltd. is a locally owned Construction Company that has been operating since 1983. Dunmac has performed General Construction Services to the Industry over the past 28 years. We specialize in Design Build, Construction Management and Direct Tendering in Commercial and Light Industrial Projects. Projects range in size from $5 million to $25 million.
Dunmac General Contractors Ltd., one of Saskatchewan's leading General Contractors has career opportunities available for experienced PROJECT MANAGER to join our growing team in the Saskatoon Office.
The PROJECT MANAGER must have Commercial and Light Industrial Construction experience and will be responsible for:
* Monitors/Controls construction through administrative direction of on-site project personnel to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
* Investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures.
* Manages financial aspects of contracts to protect the company's interests and maintain good relationships with client.
* Ensures that the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
* Contributes as appropriate to the pre-award process of determining project scope, planning and estimating.
* Assists, reviews and negotiates contracts; liaises with legal counsel as appropriate in conjunction with General
* Develops, recommends and implements the project plan, after being awarded the project.
* Selects key personnel for the project in conjunction with the General Manager.
* Selects subcontractors for the project, in conjunction with the General Manager.
* Coaches/mentors, provides direction, and reviews the performance of personnel reporting directly to the Project
* Monitors and controls progress, costs and budgets throughout the project.
* Advises the General Manager on project status and results in a timely fashion.
* Reviews each project's progress with the project staff as the project proceeds.
* Acts to resolve disputes between the Company and owner, or Company and Subcontractors when possible prior
to General Manager involvement.
* Identifies required and optional changes in project scope; negotiates change orders with the owner.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications;
* Mechanical, Civil or Structural engineering degree, or graduate of engineering tech program.
* 5 to 10 plus years experience in the construction industry with a focus on Commercial and Light Industrial Projects.
* Experienced with Timberline Estimating, Alternative Contracting Methods, Design Build, & Construction Management.
* Strong schedulling skills including proficiency with Microsoft Projects, capable of resource-loading schedules and
comprehends and utilizes earned value reporting.
* Superior communication and interpersonal skills required (tact, diplomacy, influence)
Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
Dunmac offers competitive salary package commensurate with experience, along with an excellent benefit package and the opportunity for profit sharing in the company. Dunmac is committed to the training and development of its people.
All applications will be kept confidential
Please forward resume to the attention of: Shawn Gusikoski
Fax: (306) 934-2979 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org