Dunmac General Contractors Ltd. is a locally owned Construction Company that has been operating since 1983. Dunmac has performed General Construction Services to the Industry over the past 28 years. We specialize in Design Build, Construction Management and Direct Tendering in Commercial and Light Industrial Projects. Projects range in size from $5 million to $25 million.
Dunmac General Contractors Ltd., one of Saskatchewan's leading General Contractors has career opportunities available for experienced SUPERINTENDENT to join our growing team in the Saskatoon Office.
Reporting initially to the Project Manager, the Project SUPERINTENDENT is responsible for:
* Managing the construction plan for the successful execution of the work. This shall include means and methods, and the scheduling and coordination of manpower, equipment and material resources to achieve this goal.
* Making craft hiring, training, discipline and/or termination decisions.
* Monitoring compliance with Dunmac and site specific safety programs, ensuring corrective measures are implemented including administration and review of all safety documentation.
* Oversee and coordinate safety training of site personnel and subcontractors.
* Assuring adherence to contract quality control requirements including coordination of testing and inspection services as required.
* Coordinating subcontractors and monitoring schedule progress and compliance with safety and quality requirements of the project.
* Monitoring job cost and production in conjunction with the Project Manager and adjusting plans and methods as the job progresses to meet productivity and budget goals.
* Developing short interval look ahead schedules with foreman for crews, equipment and materials and assist with overall project schedule updates.
* Developing detailed work plans and job hazard analysis prior to commencing major items of work.
* Maintaining good owner relations.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications;
* 5 to 10 years experience with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role.
* Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
* Attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
* Good communication, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Working knowledge of computers and ability to work in a windows environment.
* Must be willing to travel.
* Ability to assist with labour and equipment estimates and schedule development at the project bidding phase would be considered an asset.
Dunmac offers competitive salary package commensurate with experience, along with an excellent benefit package and the opportunity for profit sharing in the company. Dunmac is committed to the training and development of its people.
All applications will be kept confidential
Please forward resume to the attention of: Shawn Gusikoski
Fax: (306) 934-2979 or email: email@example.comSU